We are a “controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and other applicable data protection legislation (Data Protection Law). This means we are responsible for deciding how we use the personal data that we collect about you and, in accordance with the Data Protection Law, we will ensure that the personal data we hold about you is, at all times:
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect and use various types of your personal data:
– Registration Data: To access and use some elements of the Services you must create an account, by providing us with the information which is identified on the relevant registration page: name, email, date of birth, and country. We will also collect a username and password. Please note that some elements of the Services will not be available if you do not provide the required information. We may also ask or allow you to submit other optional information, including your gender, phone number, post code.
– Identity Data: We also ask you to provide identification information when we provide other elements of the Services: name, age, gender and social media handles/ usernames.
– Contact Data: When we want to communicate with you, or you with us, we use your email address, telephone numbers, social media handles/ usernames and location (country/ place of residence).
– Media Data: We use images from photographs and video footage of crowds and fans and other media content created by us (or on our behalf) at official league, cup games and events or provided by you for our use.
– User Data: We collect your usage and preference details related to your use of the Services such as language, game-play statistics, scores, rankings, time spent playing, game profile, preferences (including favourite Clubs), survey responses, feedback and other data that you provide to us as part of your account.
– Marketing and/ or Communications Data: We retain your preferences in receiving marketing messages from us and our Clubs and commercial partners, and your communication preferences.
– Technical Data: Certain data is automatically generated and collected by us when you use the Services such as your IP address, MAC address and other device identifiers; your clickstream to, through and from the Services (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page.
Not all of the list above will necessarily apply to you – it depends on your use of the Services and your particular interaction and communications with us.
You provide us with your personal data when you:
– access, use or play the Services;
– create an account for the Services;
– request information, marketing and other communications to be sent to you;
– enter a competition, promotion or survey;
– complete surveys or provide us with your feedback; and
– otherwise interact or correspond with us (including via email, social media or telephone).
In connection with some elements of the Services we also receive additional personal data about you from other organisations who have collected personal data from you and data collected on our behalf at any of our events. We may also receive personal data as part of the legal processes we undertake to protect our Services and our intellectual property, such as our brand or media rights, or those of our licensees/commercial partners.
We collect the Technical Data automatically as you interact with our Services by using cookies and other similar web technologies.
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to certain parts of the Services. This information is only used by us in a way which does not identify you. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of anyone visiting our website.
Depending on how you use the Gbagada FC Sites, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information include:
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your Personal Information:
Depending on your marketing preferences, Gbagada FC, may use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages by email, phone, SMS or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your online profile, your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us via any of the methods given at the in the ‘Contact us’ section at the end of this Policy, or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ mechanism in the promotional message or updating your contact preferences in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. ticket confirmations, and information about your legal rights). Once you unsubscribe, you may continue to receive marketing messages for a few days while we action your unsubscribe request.
You may also see adverts for Gbagada FC on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited the Gbagada FC Sites). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
We share Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
We team up with a selection of carefully chosen commercial sponsors and partners as part of our Commercial Partners programme. A list of our current commercial partners can be found at https://gbagadafc.com/current-partners/. This list will be updated regularly. Our Commercial Sponsors and Partners include partners from a variety of sectors and is designed to support Gbagada FC and also to bring customers, fans and Gbagada FC Site users a diverse range of our associated and branded offers.
If you have given your consent, we may contact you (including by post, phone, SMS or email) in order to tell you more about the offers available to you and about a range of other initiatives from us and on behalf of our Commercial Sponsors and Partners..
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessed when necessary. A limited number of people have special access rights to such systems and they are required and bound to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your Personal Information, we offer the use of a secure server.
Whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your Personal Information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
If you contact us by telephone, we may monitor or record the call for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
The Gbagada FC Sites may include links to websites operated by third parties. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of these linked sites. However, we do seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work) by email or in writing via the contact details given below.
You have certain rights in respect of your Personal Information, including the right to access, correct, restrict, and request the erasure of your Personal Information, and obtain a copy of it in a machine-readable format.
You also have the right to object to your Personal Information being used for certain purposes, including sending you marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable laws. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your Personal Information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Personal Information, you should contact us using the details below..
Gbagada Football Club
7, Towobola Street